user profile
Sign in
user profile

France - Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) Registration

by Seller_fpHJMMwn649ll

France - Has anyone else managed to successfully register with any of the organistions on the EPR list provided by Amazon?
I am specifically looking at the Packaging and Textiles categories.

My French is passable, but I cannot seem to locate a registration form of any kind specifically for EPR.

Any help from someone who has completed the process would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks a million in advance

Tags: Registration
42 replies
42 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_DudxzgXhRVwV4
In reply to: Seller_fpHJMMwn649ll’s post

I have been looking at this today, it’s very confusing! I have registered with LUCID for Germany and that seems to have gone ok. I think you have to use a third party for France - I have been looking at one called ecosistant, but then I read this on Amazon’s Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) Education link:

" France

If you are selling EPR applicable products on amazon.fr to customers with a shipping address in France, but do not provide Amazon with the valid Registration Number(s) corresponding to those EPR applicable products, Amazon will by default pay corresponding eco-contributions to the qualified Producer Responsibility Organizations(s) on your behalf for sales made from January 2022 and recover these amounts from you. Amazon will pay on your behalf at the end of each quarter or year depending on the EPR category."

So maybe we can just leave it to Amazon to collect, although I’m guessing they will charge us more than we would have to pay if we self-report?

user profile
Seller_nRhZxElkqUPAM

yes - Im registered with refashion for the textiles and leko for the packaging.

Regards Germany- I did the Lucid part but now need to find a firm to do the work. Who have you used?

user profile
Seller_NIowCUSonsRkq

LUCID for Germany seemed easy but France is a minefield. I sell bike lights and it looks like I need 3 UINs one of which will be over £1000.
I sometimes wonder if all this EU stuff following Brexit is worth it. I still get parcels going missing all the time even with the IOSS number on them

user profile
Seller_sFEUMUfeW5484

Germany took me about 3 minutes to setup, France I can’t even find where to start, all in French as well.

user profile
Seller_ZjZ4slOF0jHpk

I’m struggling with the French one though. I found https://www.leko-organisme.fr/clients/#pourquoi
But I don’t know if I have to do the same as Germany and register with their equivalent, Syderep and then pay Leko €80 for the privilege to sell in France as the ‘dual partner’! Or does Leko do it all?
Or do I even need to at all? Looked like only certain materials are covered at the moment and others will come later. Or have I got that wrong too?

https://syderepv2.ademe.fr/public/home

user profile
Seller_sFEUMUfeW5484

Just so I understand. We pay a random company in France and Germany, simply because we send parcels to those countries? Even though our buyers will just dump their packaging into their rubbish bins etc.

The companies we pay do absolutely nothing for us at all?

user profile
Seller_ZjZ4slOF0jHpk

Best resource I’ve found so far. Esp the map. Shows the different regs/rules for each country. For France you need to pay a fee (€80 for under 10k units) to a ‘state take-back system’ and they will also handle the registration.

user profile
Seller_fTHw0bbzSUL9L

Doesn’t it remain the case that if you do nothing with respect to France (not Germany), Amazon will handle it on their end and then recharge you?

user profile
Seller_BKsn6RmmAQEi9

Do we know for sure that Amazon will register for UIN number in France on our behalf or we should do it via a provider? I spoke to Amazon Support and they said Amazon will do UIN registraiton in France on our behalf and following reporting, which seems to be a prefered option for me, as less repoting efforts. Now I see a lady from TB is saying we need to get a UIN number in France ourselves, so I just want to double check if Amazon is getting that UIN number for us in France. Thank you

user profile
Seller_ZjZ4slOF0jHpk

FFS. Now we’re getting this -

So looks like this is going to be a mess - as I put in the correct info.

Go to original post