user profile
Sign in
user profile

Inventory marked as Defective without reason

by Seller_hX9VoleagzRsL

We have a product that a large amount was marked as DEFECTIVE from SELLABLE at the turn of the new year.

On 12/31/2022 our inventory for
SELLABLE - 6538
DEFECTIVE - 44
CUSTOMER_DAMAGED - 1
WAREHOUSE_DAMAGED - 0
DISTRIBUTOR_DAMAGED - 0

On 1/1/2023 our inventory was
SELLABLE - 976
DEFECTIVE - 5461
CUSTOMER_DAMAGED - 1
WAREHOUSE_DAMAGED - 1
DISTRIBUTOR_DAMAGED - 142

When I created a case with seller support they commented that “In regards to your concern we would like to inform you that we have cascaded the issue to our internal team and the have informed us that the units have been incorrectly labelled. There are labelling issues with the units received in shipment- FBAXXXXXXX.”

I checked on this shipment and there a few problems with their explanation. This shipment contained 4088 units of this SKU and was fully checked in and available for sale as of February 23, 2022. Additionally the “problems” from this shipment show that only 192 of the 4088 were “missing Amazon barcode” and that a €28.80 Unplanned service fee was charged to correct it.

Can anyone provide some advice on how to handle this? I have reached out to Amazon to try and explain the above, but they have been of no help.

Thanks!

Tags: FBA, Royal Mail, Shipping labels, Warehouse
71 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_hX9VoleagzRsL
In reply to: Seller_hX9VoleagzRsL’s post

I wanted to update everyone on what happened. @Nickolas_Amazon reached out and helped conduct an investigation. As it turns out there was a mistake at one of the FC’s where the Amazon employee put an FNSKU label on our product OVER our transparency code. When the product was then later checked in to another FC (months later) they could not scan the transparency code and marked the units as defective.

Amazon manually re-checked and labels all 5000+ units and put them back into my inventory after about a month.

I recommend consistently checking your inventory for anything that looks weird, as there was no notification or alert of this happening.

Currently, my Amazon transparency rep does not know the cause of why the label was covered in the first place, but is investigating.

Jump to reply
71 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_L2WLWf8N814M4

Hello @OakUK,

I have send you a DM about this situation.

@othersellers - anyone else had similar situation?

Regards
Nickolas

user profile
Seller_LfNOwXVRVIZGm

Hi,

I am having the same issue where 790 units all of sudden has been marked as defective I have been selling for about two months and all of my units were send in one shipment so not sure how all of sudden they have become defective, I have logged support case however so far they havent been helpful they keep saying to create the removal but wont tell me what is the issue hopefully I will have some positive reply from them soon.

Thanks,
Anwar

user profile
Seller_AhvvRglv9UwMu

We have the same issue. Shipped 63 units, 26 missing. This shipment showing as closed and all units were received as of 1 March 2023 at 4:17 pm. I’ve been trying to get this resolved with Seller Support, but no resolution so far.

Out of interest where are your shipments being sent to ? Ours went to

Amazon Fulfillment Center
Plot 1, Lyons Park,
Sayer Dr
Coventry, West Midlands CV5 9PF
GB (BHX4)

user profile
Seller_LfNOwXVRVIZGm

Hi,

After spending all of my Sunday with amazon where I was told by almost all of the support team that I need to create removal and investigate it myself once I have the units, finally this morning somehow on one of the case id I got message that the issue has been passed to FC team to investigate and just now I saw all of sudden my 32 units out of 270 are now showing as available and they are still working on it so I hope this will be resolved soon.

I would suggest to keep pushing them and ask them for reason why they have been marked as defective and hopefully someone will eventually try to look into this for you.

Regards

user profile
Seller_LfNOwXVRVIZGm

Hi,

Just to give you update my units are now increasing for available sale so I hope other sellers are getting close to resolution as well.

Regards

user profile
Seller_AhvvRglv9UwMu

Nickolas_Amazon, I have sent you a DM with our shipment Id and case number that we have the DEFECTIVE unit issue with. We are getting nowhere with Seller Support.

Our units appear to be stuck ‘In transit between warehouses’. This shipment is showing as closed and all units were received as of 1 March 2023 at 4:17 pm, but that is not the case, 26 units are marked as DEFECTIVE.

Please can you reply to my DM.

user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc

Any of you using transparency labels ?

user profile
Seller_bXzRX1ziVhrDc

Hi Yes we have had the same issue when sending goods to FBA Germany, sent 288 and they sold 40 and now 248 are defective, no explanation just we have to create a removal order which in freight and duties are going to cost a fortune, they say they can not tell us why or provide photos. any help appreciated.

Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_hX9VoleagzRsL

I wanted to update everyone on what happened. @Nickolas_Amazon reached out and helped conduct an investigation. As it turns out there was a mistake at one of the FC’s where the Amazon employee put an FNSKU label on our product OVER our transparency code. When the product was then later checked in to another FC (months later) they could not scan the transparency code and marked the units as defective.

Amazon manually re-checked and labels all 5000+ units and put them back into my inventory after about a month.

I recommend consistently checking your inventory for anything that looks weird, as there was no notification or alert of this happening.

Currently, my Amazon transparency rep does not know the cause of why the label was covered in the first place, but is investigating.

user profile
Seller_Z8MqVPXt6ydEQ

@Nickolas_Amazon Could you please take a look at the message I sent and let me know what the issue is and if you can escalate it? Thanks

Go to original post