user profile
Sign in
user profile

FBA Double TAX?

by Seller_OBISNVtJzvcDn

Hi I am new to this amazon and I have chosen to do it with FBA. I am being made to pay tax twice. Is this normal?. Some of my products are making me pay nearly £10 on FBA fees when I know a friend who sells the same products and only has one tax showing in her account for all her products. Which means I cannot compete with pricing.

Tags: Payments, Taxes
1.4K views
140 replies
140 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_lljyzgTxr5fgI
In reply to: Seller_OBISNVtJzvcDn’s post

Yes it is. The breakdown shows the tax you paid on the sale commission, ie the fee you pay on every item when it sells and then the tax you pay on the Fulfilment of the item, ie when Amazon pick, pack and despatch it for you. The two transactions are separate because Amazon are charged taxes themselves on sales of items and fulfilment of items.

Are you a professional seller or an individual seller? And what is your friend? This might explain discrepencies because as a Pro seller, you pay less in final fees than an individual seller, but you pay £30 a month subscription fee.

user profile
Seller_vMsxjZPrdu6uI

OP, does your wholesaler sell only to trade?

user profile
Seller_vMsxjZPrdu6uI

On their website, it does say they supply only to trade customers, so you may be okay with Harrisons, but note what @Retro_Emporium says. But in any case profit margins of 19p and similar is not going to help you grow your business.

user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc

Ah - Good old You-Tube Strikes again

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

Is your friend VAT registered and you not?

To FBA an item retailing at £4.99 you need to be buying it at pennies for it to work

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

I must admit I’m a bit at a loss as to why someone who found a product that makes money would then tell their friend to sell the same product in direct competition

user profile
Seller_vMsxjZPrdu6uI

Good luck @Riz_N_Joy_Easy_Deal. You can make it work with a little determination

user profile
Seller_M00gWu6PyeJf5

Please, Please, Please don’t be guided by friends, you tube videos or anything else if you are serious about making a business selling on Amazon. Treat Selling on Amazon as an apprenticeship. Study, and I mean study Amazon university, read the forums daily to see the pitfalls of what can happen if you get things wrong. If you want to make a success of selling on this platform, make sure you’ve got everything right from start. Get it right and with hard work it can be very lucrative, given time. Most long time sellers on here, including ourselves have learnt the hard way and are passing on the best advice. If you really want to carry on going about the way you’re doing things, there is a well known auction site that would probably be more suitable for you.

user profile
Seller_gSzao5tsKB0Ds

Fees are correct… welcome to Amazon

user profile
Seller_wVmY9jjbuEyit

Have you remembered to allow for VAT on the fees? fees are displayed without vat, but you’ll need to add 20%.

Go to original post