user profile
Sign in
user profile

Rising rates of theft from inbound stock at BHX4

by Seller_T7i1CoLuTZR4T

Hello,

Starting to become very frustrated with Amazon. Every time we send a case (qty 120) to BHX4, 119 are only ever checked in. We meticulously check, and every time, 119 are checked in.

Amazon used to accept our documentation and reimburse for the one item “missing”, but now they refuse to do so because they have “proactively checked on our behalf” and found there was no discrepancy.

We are infuriated by the amount of missing stock that is clearly being stolen from our inbound at BHX4. We never experience this France/Germany/Italy but consistently for the UK warehouses, and now ALWAYS at BHX4.

There is clearly a problem here that Amazon does not wish to acknowledge. Since they just robotically copy & paste messages and refuse to help, what other recourse do we have? Raise prices to compensate for Amazon staff stealing items at inbound? It’s criminal activity, and Amazon is supporting it.

I know, “cost of living crisis”, but there should be no excuse for systematic theft like this.

Seems Amazon’s new policy is that they no longer reimbourse for lost items. We’ve been delaying but clearly it is time to start looking for a better 3PL.

• Ashley
Tags: Missing
42 replies
42 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_L2WLWf8N814M4
In reply to: Seller_T7i1CoLuTZR4T’s post

Hello @Owl_Bee_UK,

I totally understand your frustration regarding this issue even if im not a seller. I can assure you that this is not a practice accepted by Amazon and im 100% sure that every claim made will be investigated.
Here is link with information on the " FBA Lost And Damaged Inventory Reimbursement Policy", maybe you can find some useful information.

Kind regards.
Nickolas

user profile
Seller_77IcbQKVGdZo0

To be fair I don’t think it is theft I think it is a systematic problem Amazon have.

Often you will see that the items all get checked in but when they get transferred to other fulfilment centres they go missing.

Sometimes I can challenge this and other times Amazon just say they have counted the shipment and found no discrepancy. I know there is a discrepancy as every item is checked into the shipment.

Mine are mostly low value with cost prices less than a £1 so I really don’t challenge too much.

I also notice that sometimes a few months later the missing items turn up and get added to my inventory.

user profile
Seller_bi8rGHHcLpoVs

I have to say, in all our years and many many FBA deliveries to BHX4 we get very few discrepancies and always get a reimbursement so it definitely isn’t Amazon policy not to reimburse. If they are consistently finding issues with your deliveries the issue may be at your end.

What size are the items going missing? Are you actually opening the ‘case’ and checking the quantity? Maybe it’s your supplier short shipping you to save money? Is it possible two items are sticking together so being counted as one?

I wouldn’t be making accusations like that without proof.

user profile
Seller_Luy5TJEVAMpyo

Is anyone else sending shipments to BHX4 only to have units missing from their shipment?

Out of the total 11 shipments I have made to FBA a total of 6 have had missing units, all of the shipments in question have been to BHX4. I have only been able to resolve 3 thus far.

user profile
Seller_2Su3bcJXQR0sO

We had a whole pallet shipped by Amazon Global Logistics from China to BHX4…it took so long that it missed it’s 90 days window to arrive at warehouse. Amazon said they will investigate after 60 days…but nought. AGL says go to SS. SS support says go to AGL. I gave up.

And in another shipment, again by AGL, 400+ units missing. 32 big carton boxes sent…so I suspect some boxes went awol.

Needless to say I’ll never use AGL again!

Simply insufficient help or recourse when things go wrong. So for high value item, so do FBM. Just not worth the risk.

user profile
Seller_Luy5TJEVAMpyo

We have the same issue with BHX4, it is terrible. Something in the warehouse isn’t working properly as I see many sellers complaining about BHX4 in the forums in regards to having missing units.

Out of 11 shipments thus far, 6 have had “missing units” according to BHX4, 3 of which we have been able to get reimbursements of, the other 3 we just get the same answer (Amazon: We checked and they weren’t there). Its getting beyond ridiculous, it is easy to see there is a clear issue with something in the warehouse due to the number of sellers reporting about BHX4.

Unfortunately there is no way to choose what warehouse we send our shipments to when we send shipments via amazons partnered carrier, as far as I am aware, and so we are stuck using BHX4 even though we half of the shipments we send have units missing from. It is really starting to kill our business and amazon don’t seem to give a toss.

user profile
Seller_merVv1cq4vWNH

Not sure if this is usual at this time of year, but we shipped one carton ( with 20 units of a handmade item ) into BHX4 and it is showing as UPS delivered it there on 20th November - but it is still not showing as being checked in. My wife spent many hours making the product and now she is worried that they have lost the goods at BHX4. Does anyone know if this sort of delay is usual there at this time of year?

user profile
Seller_bi8rGHHcLpoVs

I find it astonishing that so many sellers are saying they get so many discrepancies, we really do get very few. and they always sort it out.

If I was having that many issues with stock going missing I don’t think I would be selling on Amazon any more.

user profile
Seller_maMOyS1F2RGex

It may be theft, but my guess is its just incompetence.

I gave up with FBA, way too stressful. Virtually every shipment sent in was counted incorrectly, either over or under, and many of the orders were being sent out incorrectly too, leaving me with some negative feedback. Hope you get it sorted Ashley

user profile
Seller_Yja9oH7DLHk2I

I’ve had to give up sending mixed cases of items that look similar. For example of box of Skylanders where the packaging is the same but the figure is different.

They never get it right. They always receipt 12 of the first one they pick up. I then have to wait 3 weeks before I start the fight to get them labelled correctly. By that time I have normally had a few complaints.

Go to original post