user profile
Sign in
user profile

Inventory lost at the warehouse, they won`t refund me

by Seller_1yR9aUeYy46lB

Hi there,

-On the 2nd of February, I sent 10 boxes to the Amazon Fulfillment Centre in Rugby, BHX5, containing 60 units.

-Nothing till the 5th of March. On that day, they manage to find 16 Units of the 60 I sent.
I start to complain, because of the loss of earnings and the time they are making me lose, but they are not able to investigate, because it hasn`t been 45 days yet, of course!

-The 17th of March they finally open an investigation and confirm that they have received only 16 units.
Fortunately, I have proof of delivery, stamped by Amazon, that confirms everything I say. I even sent them the purchase invoice, but they just say that they have counted more than once and the stuff is not there.

Obviously, a staff member has decided to type in that only 16 units were received and because of it, I`m losing several thousands of pounds.

What do I do? I don’t want to speak to seller support about this anymore as they just copy and paste replies back, like brainless machines, saying they have counted just 16.

Any help would be great.
Thanks

Tags: Fulfilment, Lost shipment
39 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_ae51e0CJoHqCX
In reply to: Seller_1yR9aUeYy46lB’s post

You can email managingdirector@amazon.co.uk

Be very short particular and ensure you address the facts.

It will be passed to a member of the executive team who will in all honestly gloss over it so make sure your points are punchy and you are at the end of the road with seller support. They will not assist you with an ongoing case.

Jump to reply
39 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ae51e0CJoHqCX

There is not a lot you can do until it is open for investigation.

I am assuming the shipment is still open. During this time it may still be found and added in or the shipment will be closed with the shortage.

Only at this point will you then be able to open an investigation. You will asked to supply proof of delivery and invoices of the purchased stock. They will then attempt to find it again or will refund you for the stock that is missing upon receiving satisfactory evidence.

user profile
Seller_ae51e0CJoHqCX

Just to clarify, does the case show as resolved and investigation complete? Usually if they cannot find it but you have proven delivery then you should be remibursed for the stock. The chances of them finding it is pretty low, you need to concentrate on the refund of goods at this point.

user profile
Seller_ae51e0CJoHqCX

You can only speak to seller support about this but it has to be done through email. I never call them anymore, even if you find someone with sense, it will be relayed to a bot with senseless responses.

Remember when you receive a response, it is usually repeated when you have not given them something specific that ticks the box to get you through to the next stage. Post a copy of your latest case response (take out anything identifiable to you or to the specifics of the case) and perhaps suggest another course for response. I assume you have uploaded invoices that cover the units sent and a copy of the proof of delivery.

user profile
Seller_58y2FhNkywdyp

i have to say that i dont use fba for this reason. but trusting them with thousands of pounds of stock is sheer stupidity,

user profile
Seller_6tVQOghO0XD31

Hi, it may be worth running the FBA Inventory Ledger report - enter your merchant sku, set it to detailed view, with the event type set to “receipts” see if they ever declared receiving 60 units. I have had this previously where they say nope, they counted and re-counted and have confirmed that the amount of units received is less than I declared but the inventory ledger report showed the correct amount as being received and amazon lost the units during internal transfers between FC’s.

user profile
Seller_afyjRDyMeCC5k

Your could try show that the carrier picked up cartons weighing X Kg and the amount that they have booked in is only 16/60 x Xkg and ask for the weight of the cartons received. If it’s X Kg then you can excalate the case. If it’s only 16/60 x X kg then can they claim off the partnered carrier.

user profile
Seller_I4ArshkoS7Na6

I have three separate cases identical to this running at the moment - all from shipments in the last 2 weeks. They keep sending cut and paste replies “we’ve checked and double checked and we cant find them so hard luck” I keep sending them back with instructions to escalate - which they ignore two or three times but then eventually do. This is obviously a massive problem and they are trying to stop reimbursing people by blanking us. Dont give up - keep reopening the cases and then write to MD if necessary. Like everything with Amazon you have to be persistent.

user profile
Seller_zPYKnwndBY6jV
This post has been deleted
user profile
Maja_Amazon

Hello KomTradeLtd!

Can you provide me with the case IDs you opened with Seller Support?

user profile
Seller_ubkVSkDCpAwbe

To make an error like this you would need to understand Eastern European languages:

The original shipment of 60 boxes or șaizeci in Romanian for example
sounds a bit like 16 or șaisprezece in a loud warehouse

16 is not even a factor of 60 so it’s not whole cases that are lost?

so your șaizeci has got an extra prez in the middle… making it 16??

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post