user profile
Sign in
user profile

Inbound Transportation Fee

by Seller_zmRPqbbzFVRJ7

Hi Everyone

I have just sent my first 3 parcels into Amazon , Using UPS and I’ve been charged £8.79 for (Inbound transportation charge) The first 2 parcels were very small literally 2tubes of toothpaste in 1 box and 1tube of toothpaste in the 2nd box, both weighed less than 1kg per box, The 3rd box was (27x 38x 27cm) weighing 4kg, When i made the arraignments i saw information saying that courier service was free just wondering if this was the case? If not is the pricing correct as it seems very high.

Thanks in advance for any advise or help.

Tags: Pricing
34 replies
34 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_esvgLzKXw2YAl
In reply to: Seller_zmRPqbbzFVRJ7’s post

There is/was an offer for new sellers for the first £100? ish of transportation of goods into Amazon.
But I’m not sure if it’s still active any longer and you would have needed to sign up to it.

In any case, you need to pack better than you are doing. 1kg boxes are overpriced and likely to kill any profit you may make.
I think the sweet spot is about 15kg, though I may be wrong.

user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc

Two single tubes ?!

The offer is £80 of promotional credits towards transportation fees
Boxes under 1kg are approx £2.75 and as Neil says , 15kg are the best priced at roughly £3.70 ish - don’t forget VAT

You’re not buying these single packs of toothpaste from shops are you ?

When you were quoted that price for the items did you cancel the shipment knowing you will make a loss at those prices ?

user profile
Seller_zmRPqbbzFVRJ7

@The_Little_Shop

Ok thanks does this offer apply automatically? Appreciate the advise on the weight of boxes/prices that’s definitely going to be of help for future shipments, And no fortunately i didn’t purchase from shops, Tbh I just wanted to get my first shipment away so i could get familiar with the process.

user profile
Seller_7RmsNc3Uhxn6Z

If you become a professional seller but are not VAT registered make sure to update the system so you only get charged £25 a month fees rather than £30

user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc

Speak with your accountant before you declare any kind of vat exemption
Too many doing it without understanding how to account for it in future on their accounts

user profile
Seller_zmRPqbbzFVRJ7

Hi there can anyone recommend a Business Bank Account for me to use?
I was just in the process of setting up a Tide account but i have just read that Tide is not part of Amazons approved Payment Service Providers, Is this correct? Thanks.

user profile
Seller_zmRPqbbzFVRJ7

Thanks may I also ask, I have spoke to my accountant and decided to open a LTD company, Does it matter that my Company Name doesn’t match my Amazon Seller Account Name?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post