user profile
Sign in
user profile

The impossible task of registering an account

by Seller_LxcViNjWUo8GT

According to the various pages on the seller hub, my individual seller account has either been deactivated or suspended but there is no information on how to resolve this.

When setting up my account I was instructed to allow sales in a range of countries, even though I have no intention of selling my product outside of the UK. Some of these just didn’t accept standard UK cards (Germany, for example), although I don’t wish to sell in Germany.

I have a small business but I can’t see that my business (registered with Companies House and HMRC, etc) would be eligible for an Amazon account as we have neither a credit or debit card attached to our bank account (as there is no need for this). So presumably I can’t have a business account through this.

I am at a complete loss as to how to proceed and I’m looking for how I might resolve this.

Tags: Eligibility, International expansion
55 replies
55 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_LxcViNjWUo8GT’s post

You don’t need a business credit card on your account - you can use a personal card. But you will need to validate it on every site

You will need to add your Ltd company bank account though as your deposit method

What is an issue though is this

An individual seller account is a private account for selling off your own used personal items

As you are a business registered with hmrc, you need a business seller account

user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

So presumably you are a limited company ?
Amazon will need to have your various documents uploaded to open a Business Seller Account, as Little_Shop has said, not Individual Account.
As for the various countries, you just need to ensure that holiday settings are on for each one of them so you don’t get any orders from overseas.

user profile
Seller_LxcViNjWUo8GT

I am the author of the book and have five copies allocated to me. My intention was to sell these first as an individual account and if that is successful then open a business account (I am a director of the publishing company) and sell through the company. £25 per month is a lot of money to pay if there’s no interest on here.

user profile
Seller_LxcViNjWUo8GT

I only want to sell in the UK. Is it possible to change it to a more appropriate account?

user profile
Seller_yk3kzHpjMMa4B

Hello @Soccerhistorian ,

Thank you so much for posting your post here.

We are here, to help you in addressing your issues.

From your post, we understand that you need help with reactivation of your selling account.

We would like to help you with more information, Could you please share the first performance notification that was sent when your account was deactivated?

You can find the detailed information by following the below pathway:

Seller central > Performance Tab > Performance notifications

This will give us more clarity on the problem so we can help you better.

For any further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us as I and the forum community are always here to assist you.

Regards,

Mary.

user profile
Seller_LxcViNjWUo8GT

Neil

Thanks for responding. The message just says “Your account has been deactivated. Please click ‘Reactivate Your Account’ below to resume selling” but when I pressed reactivate your account I eventually got another message saying my account has been deactivated. No message or email of explanation.

user profile
Seller_ZrQt8Lko8zuBj

Literally 2 days ago I have been asked to verify my payment method for .de, .be and .tr (despite the fact I do not sell on these and all sites except .uk are on holiday mode). Amazon accepted UK issued debit card with no problems.

user profile
Seller_zSgC5zKFELg5A

Hello @Soccerhistorian,

Thank you for reaching out to us once again!

I understand that you have an issue with the account verification process.

Would you please help us with initial performance notification of your account deactivation as suggested by @Maha_Amazon and @Mary_Amazon so that we can assist you in a better way?

Please reach out for further queries in this thread.

Regards,
Nehal

user profile
Seller_ffopWHXlxcWpi

Hi - I’m following this thread @Soccerhistorian as I’m having a carbon copy experience of trying to open a seller account.

user profile
Seller_LxcViNjWUo8GT

I’ve still had no response following the interview last Thursday. I was promised a response within 72 hours. What is the best course of action:

1. Open a case
  2. Appeal (on what grounds?)
  3. Wait to receive the email I was promised

Do you always receive an email following the online interview or is it just a case of opening your account each day to see if anything has changed?

Go to original post